Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator


Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives you the right to request a copy of any information that a public sector organisation holds, including the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority.

What information will be available?

In our efforts to be as open and transparent as possible we publish information on our website so that it can be accessed by the public. Details on the types of information we publish are on our Publication Scheme page.

How do I make a request?

If you would like to access information that we hold which is not published on our website, you can ask to see it. You will need to make a request to us in writing. To do this, you can email

Any information held by the Mayoral Combined Authority can be supplied unless subject to one of the 23 exceptions under the Act, which may mean we are unable to disclose the information you have requested due to confidentiality.

We respond to requests for information within 20 working days.

What happens when I make a request?

Providing we hold the information, and it is not subject to any exemptions we will try and provide you with the information as soon as possible or within 20 working days of receipt of the request.

What happens if the Combined Authority doesn’t understand my request?

If the Officer does not understand your request they will contact you direct to clarify what it is you want.

What does it cost?

The costs of supplying information in the form requested will be taken into consideration when individual requests are received. In some cases, a fee may be charged, which you will be made aware of prior to providing the information requested.

What happens if my request is refused?

We may refuse a request for information if it falls under one of the exemptions. If this is the case then the reply you receive will explain why.

We can also refuse a request if the cost of providing the information would be more than £450, if the request is vexatious, or if it is a repeated request for information from the same person.  However, we will not unreasonably withhold information.

If you are not satisfied with the decision you can ask for the decision to be reviewed. How you can do this will also be explained in the letter you receive.

If, after a review, we are still unable to provide the information you have requested you can ask the Information Commissioner to review that decision:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane